July 5, 2011

On the Table: Hot Dog as Blank Canvas

Every once in a while, on a hot summer day, I get a serious craving for a hot dog.  And not just any hot dog - I like mine piled high with all sorts of goodies.  Over the weekend, I tried out two souped-up dogs, both of which I ended up loving.  There was a veggie-lovers (though I guess you would need a veggie or soy hot dog to really make it vegetarian), and a meat-lovers variety, so there's something for everybody!

#1: Collared dog

Everything starts with a nice toasty bun.


Then, a nice juicy hot dog.  Go with a good one (and if you can cook it on a grill, even better)!


Top with diced onion...


...and collared greens...


...and spicy mustard!


What could be better than getting a serving of vegetables ON your hot dog?!

#2: Meaty Dog

Toasty bun again.


This time, put some cheese on it!


Then, a nice hot dog...


...and some delicious turkey chili (yes, I made chili in July.  Yes, it was unspeakably hot in the kitchen.  It was worth it, though - perhaps I will post the recipe tomorrow!).



Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment