May 28, 2011

On the Table: Strawberry Stackers

I love strawberries, and the fact that they are so abundant at this time of year is super exciting to me.  I have used them for dessert, but I also wanted to try a savory application.  I made some little treats that are incredibly easy and incredibly delicious.  They would make a fantastic appetizer, or you could just eat them for a meal...like I did.  To prepare:

Slice up a whole bunch of strawberries (lengthwise).  I cut up almost a whole quart (though some disappeared while I was working), and that was enough to accompany 8 ounces of cream cheese.  That is really all the cutting you need to do.  Now you just need to assemble.  Stack the following:  a small multi-grain cracker, a dollop of cream cheese, a dab of honey, a slice of strawberry, and a few grains of coarse kosker salt.  Super easy, right?

Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment