May 3, 2011

Not on the Table Yet, but Soon: Fresh Herbs are the Best!

Hooray, the farmer's market is back in Crystal City!  I was incredibly excited to stop by this afternoon.  There were lots of familiar faces among the purveyors, along with some newcomers.  Flowers and herbs seemed to be the order of the day, as they dominated the market.  I picked up two plants (and then got to take a trip to Home Depot to pick up planters and potting soil!). 

Here is the mint:


And here is the lavender:

It is fantastic to have something green livening up the apartment!  I will most definitely be using the mint in my upcoming culinary adventures, and I will need to do some research as to how lavender can be used in cooking...in the meantime, it will look pretty and smell good!

No comments:

Post a Comment