May 26, 2011

On the Table: Spiced Up Spinach

Last night I needed to come up with a quick vegetable for dinner, and I wanted something really fast and easy.  I had an open back of frozen chopped spinach, so I decided to try to jazz that up a bit.  The resulting dish was delicious - lightly spiced, but not overwhelming - and nearly effortless to prepare.  Here is how I did it:

Put a cup of chicken stock in a pot over medium heat.  When the liquid starts to simmer, add a pound of frozen chopped spinach to the pot, along with a teaspoon of garam masala.  Cover the pot and allow to cook until the spinach has defrosted.  When the spinach is defrosted, remove the lid from the pot and add in a teaspoon of honey and a dash of salt, and stir thoroughly to combine.  Continue cooking until the liquid has evaporated.  Taste and adjust seasoning. 

Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment