May 9, 2011

In the Neighborhood: Brunch in Del Ray

I guess I should not be surprised that Mother's Day weekend turned out very brunchy.  The Washington Post Magazine Dining section yesterday did a feature on three brunch spots, and coincidentally, I was planning to share my new favorite brunch restaurant - FireFlies in Del Ray!  (Sadly, the Post did not feature FireFlies, but I am ok with that.) 

The food was delicious, plentiful, and reasonably prices.  The brunch menu really incorporates breakfast and lunch options, which is fantastic.  They have everything from eggs and pancakes to burgers and pizzas, so there is something for everyone.  Plus, they have a whole section of the menu devoted to different varies of Eggs Benedict - yum!  Yesterday, I had the Southern Benedict (buttermilk biscuits, chicken fried steak, poached eggs, and gravy!), which was delicious.  (Incidentally, I was thrilled to learn that there is someplace in the area that serves chicken fried steak - it is hard to find!)  My dining partners had the Best BBQ Burger (ham, cheese, grilled red onions, and BBQ sauce on a burger) and scrambled eggs and pancakes.  Everything was delicious!

The restaurant has a small stage, and it seems that they frequently have musicians perform.  Sunday brunch includes a bluegrass band, which was just fantastic.  The ambiance is very neighborhood-y, and the prices are such that I could envision coming back often.

No comments:

Post a Comment