June 2, 2011

Spring Onion Jam Makes Some Friends

Today I am putting in another plug for Spring Onion Jam, because I have been putting it on pretty much everything I can find, and it is delicious.  The recipe I gave the other day produces a relatively small amount of jam (maybe 1/3 or 1/2 of a cup?), but it is pretty strong, so a little goes a long way!  It was delicious on a Summer Chicken Salad sandwich,


 and it was delicious with cheese and crackers!


Speaking of which, after loving the Smokey Cheddar cheese from the farmers' market, I decided to try the plain raw milk cheddar from the same vendor, and it was fantastic as well. 


The plain cheddar is definitely more mild than the smoked, but it is still stronger than many other cheddar cheeses.  I assume that has to do with either the fact that the milk is raw, or that the cheese is aged for at least sixty days.  Either way, if you come across any raw milk cheeses, I recommend giving them a try!

No comments:

Post a Comment