June 28, 2011

Mexican Coke: A Challenger for Kosher Coke?!

I very rarely drink soda, but once in a while I have to say there is nothing like a nice cold Coke (or root beer!).  I get especially excited around Passover, when Kosher Coke makes an appearance - it's made with real sugar, rather than high fructose corn syrup!  I really, truly believe there is a difference in taste, and I have been known to stock up on a couple bottles of the good stuff during Passover.

Last weekend, there was a music festival in Del Ray, and a few of the neighborhood restaurants were there selling food.  It was just the perfect venue for a cold drink, and I was extremely excited to see that Taqueria Poblano was selling MEXICAN Coke!  I had never tried it, so of course I had to get one, and it is definitely in the same category as Kosher Coke (I might even say it was better...and it's available year-round, if you can find it). 


Check out the GLASS BOTTLE!  Just based on the packaging, it was awesome.

Like Kosher Coke, Mexican Coke is made with real sugar.  (Can you see it?!  It's on the bumped-out part of the label.)


It didn't have the weird aftertaste that regular Coke has (it's not as pronounced as in the diet version, but I definitely get a weird lingering taste when I drink the regular kind).  Oh, and did I mention the glass bottle?? 

I assume that Taqueria Poblano must sell Mexican Coke all the time, so I know where I will be heading next time I get a hankering for a soda!

No comments:

Post a Comment