August 11, 2011

On the Table: Figs, Bleu, and Honey

Figs are here!  I was uber-excited to find these babies at the store:


(I can't figure out why they are green!  I thought maybe they weren't ripe...but they are!  Quite a mystery.)

I also happen to have quite a bit of bleu cheese in the fridge (leftover from making Bleu Cheese Eggs!), so I decided to make a little appetizer.  On a plate, arrange figs (rinse them off, cut off the tops and bottoms, and quarter each one), little slivers of bleu cheese, and some delicious local honey for drizzling...easy peasy!  You can also sprinkle just a tiny bit of salt on the figs to enhance the flavor.  The fruitiness of the figs, sweetness of the honey, and creamy-, tangy-, savori-ness (and stinkiness!) of the bleu cheese are fantastic together.


It's a perfect (easy and delicious!) party appetizer, or even just a great afternoon snack!

Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment