August 16, 2011

On the Table: Bleu Cheese and Mushroom Omelette

Since making Bleu Cheese Eggs, I had a whole bunch of bleu cheese left in the fridge.  I ate a lot of it with Figs and Honey, but I wanted to use the last little bit with eggs again...so I made omelettes!  I also had some mushrooms, so I did bleu cheese and mushroom omelettes.  They were delicious!  You'll have to forgive me - it is pretty hard to make an omelette and take pictures at the same time, since the cooking time is so short and much of the process requires two hands.  I took as many as I could!  To prepare:

Clean and thinly slice about four mushrooms.  Thinly coat the bottom of a small saute pan with canola oil and put it over medium heat.  When the oil gets hot, add in the mushrooms and a sprinkle of salt.  Cook, stirring occassionally, until the mushrooms are tender.


For each omelette, beat two large eggs in a small bowl with a pinch of salt.



Put a small nonstick saute pan over medium heat.  Melt a small sliver of butter in the pan, so that the butter just coats the bottom of the pan.  Pour in the eggs, and keep the eggs moving in the pan with a spatula.  Scrape down the edges of the pan occassionally.


Allow the eggs to set in the pan.  When they are almost set, add the mushrooms and a few small chunks of bleu cheese down the center of the omelette.


Roll up the omelette (sorry, no pictures here - push the omelette to the edge of the pan away from the handle, fold over the side closer to the handle, then gently slide and roll the omelette onto a plate).


Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment