March 13, 2011

On the Table: Banana Pudding Milk Shake

I just heard the other day that apparently Chick-Fil-A makes banana pudding milkshakes.  Unfortunately, due to Lent, I cannot eat them Monday through Saturday, and Chick-Fil-A is closed on Sundays.  SO, I decided I needed to figure out how to make this concoction on my own.  I toyed with the idea of actually putting pudding INTO the milkshake, but I decided not to try that this time, since I came up with a DELICIOUS milkshake without it - and it was super easy.  I ground up a handful of vanilla wafers in the blender, then poured them out into glass to save and add back in at the end (which was probably not necessary - in a second batch, I just added them in with everything else and it turned out fine, though doing them seperately seems to ensure that they get ground super fine).  Anyway, put into the blender a banana, a few scoops of french vanilla ice cream, and a little bit of milk, and blend it all until the mixture is smooth.  Pour in the cookie crumbs and blend briefly so they get incorporated.  Pour and enjoy!!

Note: It would seem that you could use any kind of ice cream in the milkshake (though it might not be a banana pudding milkshake at that point).  However, I tried the second batch with thin mint ice cream, and the results were not so good.  If I experiment with any other flavors, I will be sure to post the results!

No comments:

Post a Comment