March 18, 2011

Hidden (Crown) Jewel?

I have been doing a little research into the Serbian Crown restaurant out in Great Falls, and I am not sure how this restaurant has not jumped to the top of some unspoken DC foodie must-visit list.  (Full disclosure: I have not actually been to this restaurant.  But I plan to visit!)  Specifically, I am flummoxed that people have not jumped on the wild game portion of their menu.  With offering such as emu, antelope, wild boar, and LION, I would think more people would visit just to try those dishes (or maybe everybody doesn't go out of their way to try unusual foods?).  Aside from these more far-out dishes, their menu  includes an extensive assortment of Russian and French offerings.  Apparently they take their vodka and their entertainment (they have a piano bar! and sing-alongs! and dancing!) very seriously.  Reviews of their service are mixed, from what I have read (but really, that seems to be the case with almost all restaurants on user review sites, which is what I was using).  At less than half an hour outside the city, I will be planning a trip soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment