March 29, 2011

On the Table: Stuffed Dates with Prosciutto

To go along with Brussel Sprouts with Prosciutto, I made dates wrapped in prosciutto.  I made some plain, but I also decided to stuff some and bake them.  The results were delicious, and this might become a new go-to appetizer - or honestly, I would serve them for dessert!  To prepare:

Preheat oven to 350 degrees.  Cut open twelve Medjool dates (just cut halfway through) and remove the pits.  Stuff each date with about 1/4 teaspon of cream cheese and a drop of honey.  Cut four slices of prosciutto into thirds lengthwise.  Wrap a strip of prosciutto around each date.  Put in the preheated oven for 6-8 minutes, or until the dates are warmed through and the prosciutto gets crisp.  Serve warm. 


I used cranberry pepper jelly as a dipping sauce, and it was delicious.  Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment